Autism symptoms and signs for infants may vary because it is a spectrum disorder. We cannot use a particular or fixed type of symptoms and signs to diagnose autism. Usually, most symptoms and signs cannot be seen clearly until the child has reached two years old.
However, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) has listed some of the autism symptoms that one could keep an eye of. The symptoms are:
- The baby does not smile when we smiled at.
- The baby does not babble.
- The baby avoids from making eye contact.
- The baby does not make gestures or react to them.
- The baby will not respond to his or her name.
- The baby will not follow objects visually.
- The baby always pointing or generally wave.
- The baby does not cry when we left alone.
- The baby does not like to be cuddled or held.
- The baby does not enjoy simple clapping or peek-a-boo games.
All the symptoms above may not be experience by some autistic infants.
Autism Symptoms in Young Children:
There are varieties of autism spectrum disorder symptoms because it varies from one person to one person. Some may very verbal, bright and engaged, while some are non-verbal, intellectually challenged and almost entirely self-absorbed.
In addition, there are some autistics children seem to be prone to other symptoms not listed in the diagnostic criteria. The symptoms are:
- Children may suffer from sleep disorder.
- The children may always in self-abusive behavior.
- The children will experience sensory dysfunction.
Thus, the only symptoms that all autistic patients will have are:
- Delays in social communication
For young children, autism can be spot by detecting these symptoms:
- Avoiding eye contact
- Children with autism usually do not like to make an eye contact even with their parents. This is because it will make them feel uncomfortable.
- Lack of response
- When their name being called, they will not give any response. Even though they hear the called, they just ignore it.
- Repetitive Movements
- Normally, autism children like to repeat their movements such as rocking or twirling. They will repeat the motions for a long period of time. There are some cases that they escalate themselves to self-abusive behavior such as biting or banging their heads.
- Sensitivity to surrounding
- Autism children always have over sensitivity to sound or touch. They may hide when there are loud noises and they will act poorly when someone try to hug them. They do not like anyone to touch them. However, autism children seem to be reduced sensitivity to pain.
- Unable to read or understand other’s feeling
- This symptom is one of the most telltale autism sign. Children with autism may not understand what people thinking about and unable to read someone feelings. This is because they do not understand the social cues. For examples, they do not know what tears or smile means about.
Since the young children did not go to school yet, learning disabilities and other symptoms that related to knowledge cannot be easily judge. Therefore, it is necessary to spot the small changes in the children behavior to make sure that the children suffer from autism syndrome or not.
|Adult Asperger’s Syndrome:
Asperger syndrome is the highest end of the autism spectrum. It is a pervasive developmental disorder. People with asperger usually have difficulty with social interaction, eye contact, and fine and gross motor coordination although they can develop language normally.
Asperger people will show extreme passionate on just one or two topics only with little patience for small talk. They also may struggle a lot when handling normal daily activities such as managing conflict, facing the sensory overload presented by malls and grocery stores, or organizing time.
Adult with asperger may appear painfully shy or extremely outgoing. This is because they often misinterpret the social interaction. Moreover, if you think you have asperger’s syndrome, then you are probably do.
Autism Kids Condominium
We have provide a comfortable condominium for outstation or overseas Autism kids and family stay during the treatment. More information regarding the condominium for autism kids, you can visit :
|THE TOLE ACUPUNCTURE & HERBAL MEDICAL CENTRE SDN BHD.
Lot 2.01, 2nd Floor,
Medical Specialist Floor ,
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel No : +603-21418370 / +603-21451671
Whatsapp (only): +6012-7688284
|Operating Hours :
|Monday to Friday : 9:30 am to 7:00 pm
|Tuesday : 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
|Saturday : 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
|Sunday : 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm